Tuesday 10 April 2012

Arsene Wenger comments cast doubts over Marouane Chamakh’s future

Arsenal FC Latest Transfer News

Gunners chief unsure if striker will stay at the Emirates


Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has refused to confirm that Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh will remain at Arsenal for next season.

Arsenal FC transfer news speculation - Chamakh will stay ?

The Moroccan has struggled for first team action this season with his only strike coming in the Gunners' 4-3 defeat against Blackburn in September, while the prolific form of Robin Van Persie has meant that the majority opportunities of his appearances have been as a substitute.

Chamakh was seen smoking a shisha pipe with fellow Moroccan Adel Taarabat just hours after last weekend's 2-1 defeat against QPR, a story which was thought to have infuriated Wenger and the boss refused to back the striker.

"It's (smoking) not the best thing to do," the boss said.

"Will he stay at club next season? Its too early to say."

Chamakh made an impressive start to his career at the Emirates and scored 10 goals before the end of last November, although he scored just once more that season, against Leyton Orient in the FA Cup.

The 28-year-old was however more confident about his future in an interview with French magazine Onze Mondial earlier this week.

"Am I going back to Bordeaux? For now, no," he said. "I have spoken to Wenger and I will stay at Arsenal.

"I think he trusts my work and I will have opportunities in the first team.

"I left Bordeaux to improve as a player, and I think I can continue for this club. My agents have been ordered to reject bids that come from other clubs because I want to prove I can be useful for the Gunners."

Source: newhamrecorder.co.uk






No comments:

Post a Comment